Wednesday, January 26, 2011

God of this City

Today is the second day of teen camp at Palavra da Vida Sul (Word of Life Camp) here in Porto Alegre. Before the campers arrived yesterday our team was divided into different work groups. We are working along side the Brazilian volunteer staff doing jobs like coordinating events, working in the snack shop, serving meals and cleaning bathrooms. It is just like an American summer camp in that there are lots of people, energy, heat and little rest.

But even in the first two days I can already see how blessed we are going to be by this week. The missionaries and volunteers are so kind and welcoming and I have learned much just by watching them. I do not think the relationships we are building here will be easily forgotten. Tonight and tomorrow night our group will be leading services for the campers. And each morning, one or two of us will share our testimony. Please be in prayer for those speaking and sharing the gospel.

We are getting in lots of Portuguese practice, as all of us are rooming individually with campers and counselors, and not many speak English. It always amazes me to see the body of Christ in another culture. We have a bond that transcends all language barriers, there is nothing quite like it. Last night, Matt and I led the camp in worship with "God of this City" from the stage I could hear some singing in English and some singing in. Portuguese. It gave a whole new meaning to the lyrics which say,

"You're the God of this city. You're the King of these people. You're the Lord of this nation. You Are."

He is certainly showing us this to be true. He is Lord of this and every nation. I know God is using this trip to grow me tremendously and I can see He is growing all of us. It is humbling. We are privileged to be here. Thank you for your prayers. Continue to lift up our team and our leaders. We look forward to sharing with you all that God has done.

Carol Anne Ausband

2 comments:

Randy said...

Carol Anne, thanks for sharing the God of the city..... Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth Ps 46:10 Lord, you are exalted in all the nations... wow, praise the Lord! we are praying for all of you - hannah grace's family

Unknown said...

How great is our God! Praying for you all as you get ready to travel!